Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Greetings To All!
mr balkan
post Nov 1 2013, 02:18 AM
Post #1

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

Hi people!!!

I have been redaing these forums for a while as a guest, and i finally decided to join you.
As you could tell by my nickname i originally come from the Balkans, where folklore magic is pretty strong.
Not that many magicains that are known to modern occult public come from these regions ( i can only think of
Draja Mickaharic). i have been studying occult theory for about 10 years, but barely any practical experience.
I was able to astrally project at age 16 at my very first attempt to do so. I am generally interested in Hermetics,
Astrology, Divination and the aspect of semiotics in ceremonial magic. My great-great grandfather was a visionary,
he was a farmer with no official occult training, but rather a gift. He once foresaw the assasination of the king
by the military officials in my country ( early 20th century). I thank you all for your wisdom and experience on this forum
and im looking forward to our conversations ...

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

fatherjhon
post Nov 1 2013, 11:13 AM
Post #2

Taoist Mystic
Group Icon

QUOTE(mr balkan @ Nov 1 2013, 04:18 AM) *

Hi people!!!

I have been redaing these forums for a while as a guest, and i finally decided to join you.
As you could tell by my nickname i originally come from the Balkans, where folklore magic is pretty strong.
Not that many magicains that are known to modern occult public come from these regions ( i can only think of
Draja Mickaharic). i have been studying occult theory for about 10 years, but barely any practical experience.
I was able to astrally project at age 16 at my very first attempt to do so. I am generally interested in Hermetics,
Astrology, Divination and the aspect of semiotics in ceremonial magic. My great-great grandfather was a visionary,
he was a farmer with no official occult training, but rather a gift. He once foresaw the assasination of the king
by the military officials in my country ( early 20th century). I thank you all for your wisdom and experience on this forum
and im looking forward to our conversations ...

It's great to have you. I have some of Mickaharic books, one on occult metaria and one on influence. Both are worth reading. We don't have many old European folk styles represented here so I am eager to see you posting. Its always great to see an unexpected perspective on a topic. Hermetics and divination are well covered, just look through the relevant sections or use the search function. Feel free to ask questions are comment on something you find interesting. We have a few astrologers and one or two ceremonial magicians. I am sure they will be happy to answer your question.

Have fun,
balkan

--------------------
Cosmic consciousness is devoid of diversity; yet the universe of diversity exists in notion....
We contemplate that reality in which everything exists, to which everything belongs,
from which everything has emerged, which is the cause of everything and which is everything....
The light of [this] self-knowledge alone illumines all experiences. It shines by its own light.
This inner light appears to be outside and to illumine external objects.

-Sage Vasishtha

+Quote Post

mr balkan
post Nov 1 2013, 11:50 PM
Post #3

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

Thanks for your kind words!
My apologies for gramatical errors in my first post, the only time i usually have to write is after an exhausting 15+ hour work/school day.
As per my very weak practical occult work, i have worked with the book 'New Avatar Power' for a few months, however i am very keen on Franz Bardon's system, but a little hesitant with his descriptions early in the IIH how it should be taken very seriously and needs an extreme devotion. I both work and study full-time so i am aware that i don't have much time for serious devotion. Thats why i am thinking of doing only LBRP and Middle Pillar for quite some time and ti hold just a dream journal until later. What do you think? What have you heard of the New Avatar Power?

Thank you once more for the warn welcome.

P.S. i am looking forward to opening a thread soon about Eastern European occult folklore traditions and spells, since i have quite a database. Something worth doing research on:Vlach magick

This post has been edited by mr balkan: Nov 1 2013, 11:52 PM

+Quote Post

fatherjhon
post Nov 2 2013, 09:38 AM
Post #4

Taoist Mystic
Group Icon

QUOTE(mr balkan @ Nov 2 2013, 01:50 AM) *

Thanks for your kind words!
My apologies for gramatical errors in my first post, the only time i usually have to write is after an exhausting 15+ hour work/school day.
As per my very weak practical occult work, i have worked with the book 'New Avatar Power' for a few months, however i am very keen on Franz Bardon's system, but a little hesitant with his descriptions early in the IIH how it should be taken very seriously and needs an extreme devotion. I both work and study full-time so i am aware that i don't have much time for serious devotion. Thats why i am thinking of doing only LBRP and Middle Pillar for quite some time and ti hold just a dream journal until later. What do you think? What have you heard of the New Avatar Power?

Thank you once more for the warn welcome.

P.S. i am looking forward to opening a thread soon about Eastern European occult folklore traditions and spells, since i have quite a database. Something worth doing research on:Vlach magick

NAP is a bit of a controversial topic. Its wanky as hell and you get people use really use it for all its worth and get great results from it. Other pick it up do some of the rituals then toss it aside. Personally i think it is a legit system, that is easy to approach and get results from if you use the whole system. Most of the people I hear who did not like it only used some part of it. those that claim great results used everything in the book several time a day, and used it strategically. That is the way all magick should be used but people like magick bullets. Best thing to do is just play with it . Hope you will tell us what you find.

Bardon made a system that take more effort but will get you farther a simple spell book will but the trade off it dedication. I think that is a better word than "seriously ".

--------------------
Cosmic consciousness is devoid of diversity; yet the universe of diversity exists in notion....
We contemplate that reality in which everything exists, to which everything belongs,
from which everything has emerged, which is the cause of everything and which is everything....
The light of [this] self-knowledge alone illumines all experiences. It shines by its own light.
This inner light appears to be outside and to illumine external objects.

-Sage Vasishtha

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse