QUOTE(Slyphhur @ Dec 28 2011, 07:52 PM)
When we perform magick we are tapping into a limitless supply of energy around us and inside of us and directing it toward a single purpose. So why if all this energy is so abundant can we only do so much and potentially feel so very drained? The truth is there is nothing wrong with the energy flow it is all to do with us and the finite source of energy we have in our bodies, that is why we invoke and evoke higher beings and why we take in different energies for different rites. But what if we needed a very specific type of energy or needed to tap into a specific 'current' or 'realm'? Well that is where I developed a way to tap into the exact current of energy I wanted, to truly utilise an infinite supply of pure specific energy.
Here is a step by step guide on my technique, if anyone has a different way of doing this please let me know as I will be very interested and eager to try it out.
1. First you need to figure out exactly what type of energy you wish to utilise (fire, earth, enochian etc), this is an important step for when we think of the energy we need it almost comes naturally and calls to us through the realms.
2. Create a small sphere of neutral energy in your hands, then concentrating on the specific energy type infuse the neutral energy sphere with that energy. Let us say that it was fire, now you have a ball of fire energy in your palms. Hold it there and try and refine it as much as possible.
3. Now take the middle and index fingers of your dominant hand and place it in the centre of your sphere, feel it coat your fingers. Then inscribe a circle in the air, as you inscribe the circle imagine your fingers cutting into the fabric of reality itself and the energy around your fingers lingering and forming a circle. Following our example of fire you should now have a circle of fire in the air in front of you.
4. Now with the fire energy (or whatever you chose) still on your fingers inscribe a symbol in the middle of the circle that represents the type of energy you wish yo use. So for fire it would be the Leo sign or a point up triangle or whatever means fire to you. Hold the circle and symbol in your mind and point directly at the symbol with your fingers.
5. See space and reality collapsing on itself inside the circle, see your symbol burning through the layers of space and reality as it seeks to connect with its source. Once you feel the symbol has connected, see it explode and fill the circle with the energy you have chosen. So for fire you would see a circle of pure fire burning in the air before you. Feel this energy rush out of the circle and fill the room or space of your working, pull this energy into you and use it for the purpose you have intended.
6. To close the gate simply will the gate to close and see the energy collapsing in on itself to reform the symbol you originally used to open it. Now will this symbol to grow cold and inert until it is a dull grey colour. When you feel it has lost all original charge simply will and see the symbol and circle to dissipate into the ether.
There you have it, a technique for opening astral gateways. Please comment and provide feedback as it will be much appreciated, thank you.
It is not necessary to open a 'gateway' for the purpose of accessing these energies. The technique, however, might be better utilized as a means of projection into the current/plane/etc. to gain insight or resonance with those forces.
We do not access 'energies' outside the scope of natural existence - there is no such place. Every part of creation harbors every kind of energy, expressed in actions and principles as well as material nature itself. You are not so separated from these converging currents that you need to cross some threshold in order to work with them.
As a method of invocation this is likely not a fruitless approach, but perhaps redundant. The energy ball opening is not necessary. Psi-balls are quite a popular bit of eastern conceptual-mistranslation. The thing to focus on is not the shape, but the principle of the shape - centrality, symmetry, rotation, involution, etc. It is the motion, not the shape. Focus on the motion, and you'll see a positive change in your experience of the phenomenon. Throw the 'shape' out entirely. Shape structured, energy is unstructured, force it into a structure and you'll lose the essence; there is no flow, and in the static concept the energy ceases to really move - when it ceases to move, it ceases to be, and what occupies the mind instead is the ideal and the hope, and the imagined image of what we want, not the thing itself.
Beyond these criticisms, the basic elements of a proper ritual are present - statement of intent, opening, execution of symbolic action, closing/withdrawing. Remember not to rely on imagination alone - it's better to feel, to direct with intention and will, rather than to get caught up in 'seeing it happen'. Energy work is fundamental and requires visceral commitment, not imagination. That is, imagination is training wheels, take them off eventually.