Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Dreams And Spirit Animals?, spirits
Wanabeee
post Nov 7 2006, 08:59 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

well i dont really know if this is even in the right arena to post this but here i go,
the other night i had a dream involving a familiar fox spirit that i have grown to think is a guide of some sort. now the first time i had visited this spirit before, it had attacked me until i began to retaliate back during a shamanic exercise to find it. in my dream i encountered something new. the spirit of a larger than average lynx. they both wanted to devour me and in this dream. my house was part forrest and part my house the staircase and kitchen were whole and the living room area and everything else was converted into this forrest with reddish brown earth as the forrest floor.
so to escape i gave them my leg. which of course in the dream was grew back instantly. so i saw the lynx start eating my torn off leg and the fox wasn't in plain sight . i then ran up stairs to the seccond floor of the house and asked my two brothers and sister why they didn't help me and i woke up. any ideas as to what it means?
thanks in advance

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Eyes of God
post Dec 2 2006, 07:36 PM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Wanabeee @ Nov 7 2006, 09:59 PM) *
well i dont really know if this is even in the right arena to post this but here i go,
the other night i had a dream involving a familiar fox spirit that i have grown to think is a guide of some sort. now the first time i had visited this spirit before, it had attacked me until i began to retaliate back during a shamanic exercise to find it. in my dream i encountered something new. the spirit of a larger than average lynx. they both wanted to devour me and in this dream. my house was part forrest and part my house the staircase and kitchen were whole and the living room area and everything else was converted into this forrest with reddish brown earth as the forrest floor.
so to escape i gave them my leg. which of course in the dream was grew back instantly. so i saw the lynx start eating my torn off leg and the fox wasn't in plain sight . i then ran up stairs to the seccond floor of the house and asked my two brothers and sister why they didn't help me and i woke up. any ideas as to what it means?
thanks in advance

i'm just going to guess that it probably has something to do with personal fears. Since you are doing shamanic exercisies it is likley that your fears are being manifested in the form of spirit animals. Meditate and concour your fears.. if fear is the case.

+Quote Post

Wanabeee
post Apr 30 2007, 11:22 AM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

thanks and sorry for taking so long to reply but the dream did involve me confronting my fears (IMG:style_emoticons/default/witch.gif)

+Quote Post

Acid09
post May 21 2007, 06:19 PM
Post #4

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

When spirit guides "attack" us they are not intending to harm us but rather remove an aspect of ourselves that is detrimental to our over all being. The hybrid between the house and forrest represent the structure of your life, more specifically the earthy aspect of your life. Consider how the element earth applies to you. Your bothers and sister represented apsects of yourself. They didn't help you in your dream because those aspects don't you in real life. The two brothers likely represent masculine aspects of yourself and your sister represents a feminine one. Consider your relationship with you siblings what qualities of them that you see in yourself. Consider if any of those are negative. Discover these apsects that are negative (you mentioned fears) and then do another dreamwork where you feed your siblings (representing fear, or some other negative aspect) to your spirit guides. They will symbolically free you from these bad qualities. But in order for the change to be complete you must also realise any behaviors you do that reinforce the negative qualities. If you do not or cannot recongize these behavioral patterns the negative qualities will not go away and no permanent change will occur. I've heard of drug addicts curing themselves in this way only to relapse several years down the road because they never realized the true reason why they started using drugs regularly in the first place.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

shamanwizard
post Sep 26 2007, 01:24 PM
Post #5

Zelator
Group Icon
From: all of the new world......land of the incas,aztecs,mayans,and seminole,siux

well my brother, I m not an expert on situations like this one,but the only advise I can give you is to put yourself in a dream like state, something like astral projection, it might be helpful to ask this spirit guides what its exactly what they want, interacting always works, or you could try peyote or other substances that take you directly o the dream-spirit world....thats all I can say (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wizard.gif)

--------------------
"A wizard can turn fear into joy, frustration to fulfillment. A wizard can turn the time-bound into the timeless. A wizard can carry you beyond limitations into the boundless"------Deepack Chopra

+Quote Post

p-hop
post Dec 16 2007, 09:46 PM
Post #6

Neophyte
Group Icon

If you haven't had much experience in shamanism yet, I'd say that these "spirit guides" may not be guides at all. A very common motif in shamanic visions involves the shaman being devoured by spirit/dreamworld beasts. Piece by piece they will tear your body apart until nothing remains. Not one bone, not one drop of blood. This isn't a gluttonous act though. In Australia, shamanic rites involve being consumed by a rainbow serpent who places quartz crystals throughout the shaman's body, making him or her stronger. In Siberian shamanic rituals, the initiate is often consumed by many spirits, but they grant him a new body. This sacrafice of one's old self also serves to bring power to the shaman. The spirits who feast upon your flesh are in your debt, and if you encounter them bringing down sickness onto another human, they will obey you if you command them to leave. This is a very simplified version, but basically, the spirits eat you, rebuild you with extra "shamanic parts," and will do your bidding to some extent because you have sated their hunger.

Hope this helps.

+Quote Post

valkyrie
post Jun 14 2008, 01:48 PM
Post #7

Zelator
Group Icon

so what about spirit animals eating other spirit animals? because i am trying to figure out what my main totem is, and at first i got all sorts of animals, but there is a particularly deviant looking hawk or falcon (im not sure) that seems to consume them or drive them away in my dreams. two nights ago, it woke me up picking at me like i was a meal. it has even on a couple occasions scared my dog. i figure it is all metaphorical...but until i read this, i considered it more of a nuisance then a message.

+Quote Post

Animal Shaman
post May 14 2010, 01:10 PM
Post #8

Neophyte
Group Icon

Animal attacks can also be a test of the spirit if your worth of its gifts. In the past it was believed that if you survived an attack from an animal it was meant to be your spirit totem. Unfortunately in this modern age wild animal attacks are not as frequent as they were so the spirits could be going into dreams as a way of testing your worth to be guided by them.

Another aspect is that they may be telling you something significant that will happen soon or to help you through a phase in your life.

Wannabe, the Fox represents the magic of camouflage, shape shifting, and invisibility, while the lynx represents Secrets, and vision to see the unseen. I would need to know more but I think that its telling you, that you cant run or hide from a secret you maybe keeping and trying to blend in as if nothings wrong.

Valkyrie, if your still looking Into what your main totem is I would look into both animals and see which of the two appeals to you. Sometimes animals were always drawn to is a sublet message or clue of what our totem is. If is just giving you a message at that stage in your life then I would look into what animals that its devouring. The two maybe linked in the over all message they are trying to convey.

--------------------
totem guiding me in life right now:
The Frog
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Laila
post Oct 31 2013, 03:30 PM
Post #9

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Animal Shaman @ May 14 2010, 08:10 PM) *

Animal attacks can also be a test of the spirit if your worth of its gifts. In the past it was believed that if you survived an attack from an animal it was meant to be your spirit totem. Unfortunately in this modern age wild animal attacks are not as frequent as they were so the spirits could be going into dreams as a way of testing your worth to be guided by them.

Another aspect is that they may be telling you something significant that will happen soon or to help you through a phase in your life.

Wannabe, the Fox represents the magic of camouflage, shape shifting, and invisibility, while the lynx represents Secrets, and vision to see the unseen. I would need to know more but I think that its telling you, that you cant run or hide from a secret you maybe keeping and trying to blend in as if nothings wrong.

Valkyrie, if your still looking Into what your main totem is I would look into both animals and see which of the two appeals to you. Sometimes animals were always drawn to is a sublet message or clue of what our totem is. If is just giving you a message at that stage in your life then I would look into what animals that its devouring. The two maybe linked in the over all message they are trying to convey.

yo can you help me to find animal totem please thank you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

--------------------
http://marsskarlet.weebly.com/

photo GodLucifer_zps72c53be8.png
Was and stay loyal :D to my father..teacher..master...guide.......God.....

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse