Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Computer Screen For Magick Mirror?
Sacred Magick Forums > Astral Forums > Divinations
benrachor
For most of my seering or scrying excersises I have been using the 'ol stare at the candle flame technique. But the other day I was thinking about using my computer screen as a magick mirror and you may ask the reason for this? Well because I have one and I wouldn't have to buy or build a magick mirror. I have a Apple PowerBook and when it's turned off the screen is black and shinny and because it's the 17" I have a lot of viewing area. My thoughts are to use the computer screen, with it switched off, as a magick mirror for seering.

I was just wondering if anyone else has tried this technique or if I'm on to something big?

I have had success using the computer, but it was on and I just stared at a small black dot on the screen.

Cheers,

Benjamin J Rachor
Student at SAE World HQ
373-391 Ewingsdale Rd
Byron Bay, NSW, 2481
Australia

Visit my website at www.audioengineer.biz

mf_popeanim.gif
diana
tryed out that yet?
post results if you had any...i had similar idea, but it remained only idea
GaiusOctavian
I have an issue of Konton magazine (The magazine chaosmagic.com puts out), and one of the articles tells the story of how a magician had a solomonic triangle template on his laptop, and used it to evoke an entity, so, I imagine with the screen shut off, or even a big picture of a scrying mirror would do just as well. Some people even use the tv when it has all the static to scry.

.::Sempre Bene::..::Chris::.
-Fiat Lux
benrachor
I haven't tried it with the computer off; however, I was surfing the net one day and had good results. I was having a bad day and was fighting with one of my flatmates about things. I was at school sitting alone surfing the net on my laptop, I was really upset and trying to figure out what to do about all of it. I asked my spirits to come close and help me out. I remember just staring a part of the screen that was black, just a small area. And I had a vision of the the number 17 Tarot card (The Star) and water, I said "what about the water? I don't understand?" And I got a vision of the sea and waves crashing on the beach. More of a contraction and expansion, I felt as if I was the ocean and as my emotions built up I was the wave (contraction), as the waves broke on the beach and expanded I felt better(expansion). It really made me feel better, it showed my how emotions work and how they can be "diffused" by spreading out the emotion. Anyway I understood what it meant and my day went a lot smoother.

Anyway I turned my computer off as I was late for class now and that is where I got the idea from. I though if I can seer with the computer on, why not with it off? I mainly use a candle to seer with, I have also just stared at dark spot on wall or something too with results, so why not the computer? I think once you can seer or scyer does the medium really matter? shok.gif

Student at SAE World HQ
http://www.sae.edu
Australia
GaiusOctavian
You can stare at pretty much anything to scry. Besides seeing spirits in evocation, I really don't have luck with scrying which is why I use a more organized method of divination (Runes), but if you have 'the eye' for it, you can scry off virtually anything!

-FIat Lux
benrachor
QUOTE(SangueDiNapoli @ Jul 13 2006, 07:03 AM) *
Some people even use the tv when it has all the static to scry.

-Fiat Lux

SangueDiNapoli,

I'm an audioengineer and I have experimented with EVP's a bit (electronic voice phenomenon). I have used a detuned tv with the static, also called "white noise" in my experiments. The theory being that you need some "base" for the entity to build it's voice apon. I have also recorded the room noise of just a fan blowing to get my "room noise". EVP's take alot of experimenting and trial and error. sometimes you get results and sometimes you don't.

I have not heard of using the tv to scyer, but I guess it could work. I was just wanting to clarify what you were reffering to here in your quote?

Cheers,

Student at SAE World HQ
http://www.sae.edu
Australia

Visit my website at www.audioengineer.biz
GaiusOctavian
Same as scrying with a mirror. Staring into it, getting in a meditive state of mind, and letting the images flow. It's in the book "City Magick; Urban rituals, spells, and shamanism", by Christopher Penczak.

-Fiat Lux
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.