Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Forum Suggestions
Sacred Magick Forums > Site Related > Announcements
+ Kinjo -
We attempt our best to cover ranges of topics and subjects related to the esoteric and we'd very much like to hear your suggestion on how we can better improve our forums.

Post your suggestions here.

- Do we need an Alchemy Forums? Enochian? Pagan?
- What other forums/subforums do you suggest?
Nightwind
Dadgum son, this is one of the most complete internet libraries dealing with magic that I have ever come across, keep up the good work. worship.gif
animus
the site is really nice, and so is the forum, however (and i might be wrong) .. the site seems a bit outdated, especially when you read what's recently been updated (not the forum) it hasnt got any posts from 2005 =)
+ Kinjo -
I posted all updates in the forum now and I thought I've wrote that on the last comment I've made on that page smile.gif
mediocracy
Would people like to have a drugs/chemegnosis/entheogens sub forum in The Hive?
Mr_Merlin
rolleyes.gif

I'm new this site .... I'd put The Path Of Cheth in Alta Vista search engine (I'm writing a book "Cabala For Dummies") as I was looking for as much info as I could about Cheth .... and one of the earlier searches was this site .....

Ironic .... I was researching the The intelligence of the house of influence, by the greatness of whose abundance the influx of good things on created beings is increased, and from its midst by investigation are drawn forth the arcana and hidden senses, which dwell in its shadow, and which cling to it, from the cause of all causes yahoo.gif The Path Text for the Path Of Cheth .... describes the situation well eh???

THIS IS A VERY IMPRESSIVE LIBRARY OF THE ESOTERIC .... keep up the good work!!!

clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

Just wondering if you might do a 'spotlight on a member forum' .... each week one member is chosen to enter the firing line with a question and answers spot about his or her beliefs/theories/experiences???

bunnyjump.gif No I'm not volunteering as first either!!!! black eye.gif

Is there a forum where someone can ask for spiritual guidance and a member give spiritual insight ..... Not that I need it just thought it might encourage members to practice their arts???

snstgs7.gif P'raps I'm dumb but just a thought ..... diablo.gif 001.gif 13.gif 33.gif egypt1.gif
Radiant Star
It is a discussion forum where you can discuss aspects of things you encounter or read about, but not a counselling centre, the difference can be subtle at times.

We can and do ask each other questions in our efforts to clarify and understand things, however, we cannot give guidance that may be construed as therapeutic since there may be legal implications.

I hope this answers your question.

Radiant Star
Mr_Merlin
Yes ... you have ... with me still being new to the site I was just trying to glean its 'hidden depths' .... I am not seeking a counselling service just making naive suggestions ....

But ..... a discussion forum is exactly the right tonic ... and a blody good idea ....

Keep up the good work yahoo.gif
Luke
QUOTE(| Kinjo @ Apr 4 2005, 11:53 PM)
We attempt our best to cover ranges of topics and subjects related to the esoteric and we'd very much like to hear your suggestion on how we can better improve our forums.

Post your suggestions here.

- Do we need an Alchemy Forums? Enochian? Pagan?
- What other forums/subforums do you suggest?

this is the best web site i have ever encounterd.Please keep it going for us young people who want to research but have no money for books,keep the awareness alive.
bym
Kinjo!
Nice change in the graphics of the logo! My Patron heartily approves! laugh.gif
Mr_Merlin
ac42.gif

Good graphics

Good formats

Good discussions .... throb.gif
Radiant Star
Oooh gold, very nice smile.gif
Babalon_Reborn
Id like to see the post flood control reduced to about 15-30 seconds personally... As a board member I like to be able to post when I want to. If I have more than one reply to specific replies in the same thread its a bit bothersome to have to wait 60 seconds before I can reply...

Just a thought...
Babalon_Reborn
And new skins... laugh.gif
+ Kinjo -
QUOTE(Babalon_Reborn @ May 9 2005, 05:29 PM)
Id like to see the post flood control reduced to about 15-30 seconds personally...  As a board member I like to be able to post when I want to.  If I have more than one reply to specific replies in the same thread its a bit bothersome to have to wait 60 seconds before I can reply...

Just a thought...

Done.

And new skins... 
What do you specifically suggest?
Babalon_Reborn
QUOTE(| Kinjo @ May 9 2005, 06:16 AM)
QUOTE(Babalon_Reborn @ May 9 2005, 05:29 PM)
Id like to see the post flood control reduced to about 15-30 seconds personally...  As a board member I like to be able to post when I want to.  If I have more than one reply to specific replies in the same thread its a bit bothersome to have to wait 60 seconds before I can reply...

Just a thought...

Done.

And new skins... 
What do you specifically suggest?

gee thanks, that was expedient of you...

and I would say something with a larger base design with slightly larger font for the control links.

The "help, search, members and calendar" link font could be difficult for some members that havent got the best eye sight, so perhaps an easier font to read.

colorschemes to suit different moods and what not? just a few thoughts to really help personalize the forums for members. It may give a more favorable twist for this forum if implemented. Then again it may not. But it cant hurt anything really.

The .tar files arent that large but with new skins also comes new forum graphics unless you are so good at php or asp to be able to just play with the particular settings of this main board, then save them as different schemes. The only thing that might not be doable is graphics. ie a new logo, new thread, post, and what not. Thats where most forum server space is taken up if there are no user attachments allowed.

As you can tell I have run a few forums in the past. However I never really bothered to try and learn the asp and php coding.

Hope these are useful suggestions Kinjo... Thanks for having me aboard... BTW great job... ::: pats kinjo on the back :::
Babalon_Reborn
also, Ive looked, but I can not for the life of me find a suggestion box for the main site...

I would like to see two PDFs added if they are available somewhere? I havent been able to find them online yet.

But I would like to see the two following works by Dion Fortune added to the PDF Library...

The Sea Priestess
Moon Magic
+ Kinjo -
On PDF addition, currently I'm depending on visitors and members contribution since I have not been out hunting for new ones for some time now. I think I've been to most out there and haven't find anything I'd like to convert. However, if you find some text you want converted, pls send the link to me.

Site suggestion box is at "mail" link, mostly I expect suggestion for the site and forum posted here so everyone can discuss it.

Colorschemes? I "could" make available one more skin selection as an alternate forum template but I will have to find one I also like and customize them before we release them. Too much work for that now but I will work on that.

BTW, front page logo updated. Will think of something to update it to something else... egyptian in nature, stones, papyrus etc... smile.gif
Babalon_Reborn
if you have a font in mind send it to me, Ill see what I can up with to help... I dabble in graphics. Im not the best, but Im not the worst... laugh.gif

So if you need me all you need do is hollar wink.gif
Mr_Merlin
Babs .... Dion Fortune! Yep .... good choice .... good idea ....

wub.gif
+ Kinjo -
A "Psychology, Philosophy & Religion" forum added to the Esoteric Community Forum Category. Some posts are moved from Body, Mind & Spirit forum to there and I hope this new forum will help accomodate interesting discussion related to subjects covered on this new forum.
Nachash
QUOTE(mediocracy @ Apr 27 2005, 10:25 AM)
Would people like to have a drugs/chemegnosis/entheogens sub forum in The Hive?

Mediocracy, I think a section about chemognosis and/or drugs would be very interesting. I'm growing curious about trying some psilocybes.
+ Kinjo -
I'm planning to create a Franz Bardon's subforum either in Ceremonial Magick or Neophyte Hall forum. Since the first time I read Bardon's work last year, I always knew that this is the system for me, yet been doing a lot of other things other from seriously studying and practicing the system blush2.gif Having spent more times re-reading it, I think I now got more commitment to actually practice it step by step rather than jumping around chapters, and it would be very nice if any Bardon's student has a place here in this forum to get together for help and discussion.

Unless I have a lot to share/post on the planned Bardon's subforum then it is no point for me to create the Bardon subforum there, so anyone here also share the same interest and want to participate?
bym
Kinjo,
Absolutely! I've been a Bardon student for years and would love to participate! laugh.gif
Harkadenn
This forum only needs a public chat for the members in order to be complete.
Vagrant Dreamer
QUOTE(Harkadenn @ Sep 16 2011, 02:42 AM) *

This forum only needs a public chat for the members in order to be complete.

We had a chat for a little while, and it never got used. If I recall, some people even tried to arrange group chats for specific times.
Harkadenn
QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ Sep 16 2011, 11:10 AM) *

We had a chat for a little while, and it never got used. If I recall, some people even tried to arrange group chats for specific times.

Was that chat at the top of the mian page of the forum and active to however logged in?
Here is what I'm talking about:
http://www.pspgweber.com/forums/

That's what I mean smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2016 Invision Power Services, Inc.