Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Demonology Reference Material
Sacred Magick Forums > Specific Paths > Left Hand Path > Demonology
Thraine
Anyone know of any good books on reference of demons. Also some books on the theory and practice of demonology.

I like to do thorough research before I start anything. Any recommendations would be exceptionally helpful. Anything pre 1970's would be even better.
bym
The books referenced from the preceding posts are, IMHO, a vast collection of Newage. If this is your bag, then you are welcome to it! Let's go and have tea and cakes with Lucifer! But it is a Spiritual path! Most modern day texts on "Demonaltry" aren't worth the paper they are printed on. It would be safer to materialize a spiritual path by reading the back of a corn flakes box! *sigh* To each their own...just clean up after yourself... horse.gif
gmcbroom
Your right Bym. Here are some other books you can research. I believe these meet the criteria Thraine is looking for.

The Book of the Sacred Magic of Abra-Melin the Mage.
The Necronomicicom
The Key of Solomon the King
The Red Dragon

There are many more out there but these should be a good starting point. And please accept my apologizes for giving you the new age stuff above. While they should work fine, way not dive right into the deep stuff. lol smile.gif
In for a penny in for a pound.
Good luck.
gmcbroom

Your right Bym. Here are some other books you can research. I believe these meet the criteria Thraine is looking for.

The Book of the Sacred Magic of Abra-Melin the Mage.
The Necronomicom
The Key of Solomon the King
The Red Dragon

There are many more out there but these should be a good starting point. And please accept my apologizes for giving you the new age stuff above. While they should work fine, why not dive right into the deep stuff. lol smile.gif
In for a penny in for a pound.
Good luck.
gmcbroom
bym
No bad reflections on your post gmcbroom! Thanks for the leads.
The latest rendition of Sacred Magic of Abra-melin the Mage is very nice...I just can't abide by the trash that is published concerning the Demonaltry(sp?) books...IMHO, read them as light entertainment. blablabla.gif

PS Check out 'Nightside of Eden' by Kenneth Grant. Has a very useful chunk of info on the Qlippoth. Info on demons abound most everywhere. Start with Wikipedia via the net. Look carefully at the bibliographies of the books you look at. This will also clue you in on the dross. Anything published new bears careful scrutiny. Good Luck!.
Thraine
thanks for the tips guys. I will be purchasing a lot of books in th next week or so. Thankyou again for your help
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.