Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Passing Of Bym
Sacred Magick Forums > Site Related > Announcements
+ Kinjo -
With great regret, I would like to notify all members that Bym aka Allan Atwood Jr., one our forum administrator has passed away on 3rd May 2010 at 56 years old.

He is sorely missed and has been a friend of mine ever since he joined SMF in 2005. His dedication and commitment as an administrator to the forum has been exemplary and there is so much gratitude for the time he had given here, despite his months and months of illness, endless bottles of painkillers and being bed ridden, yet he still managed to volunteer his time and thoughts for hours on end to help members and so willingly gave countless contributions to the forum.

Bym, your valor and true kindness will always be honored and will always be remembered.

Rest in peace my friend.

You will always be in our heart.

Orbituary

For all members who had been in contact and had known Bym, you may leave your condolences here by replying to the topic.

*** Thank you to Vagrant Dreamer who confirmed the news, instead of me who does not have the heart and the guts to confirm it myself.
al_zaine
Oh man. There's not much I can say other than he will be missed and he is certainly in a better place! Rest well Bym. rip.gif
palindroem
The infrequency of my visits to SMF lately simply compounds the feeling of loss.
I'm crushed.
Darkmage
I was wondering what had happened to him.

I'm going to miss his kindness and his wit. He seemed like a general all-around great guy, even though this is the only place I ever had contact with him, and not much at that. While I'm sorry to hear of his passing, part of me is glad, though, too, as his suffering and pain are over and now he can live joyously in the Light in a way he couldn't here.

Bym--Vaya Con Dios. And while you're at it, here's to hoping you have plenty of fun teasing us mortals still from the Other Side. zomby.gif
Xenomancer
Bym, you always had a talent at keeping others grounded. Our humble symposium will be nothing that it once was without you.

We will miss you. Troll those new-agers hard!! laugh.gif
Vilhjalmr
Well, that sucks. For us more than him, no doubt... glhf bym.
scoobs
Bym was one of the reasons I signed up here, his posts were full of wisdom and compassion.

His heart was always in the right place and I am sure it will be lighter than a feather.

Farewell Bym, good journey to you.

Lee
I was wondering why he hasn't been around lately.
Always been a pleasure reading the thoughts of this well versed man.

Ethereal Sight
Well Bym and I didn't get along to begin with, but we did reach an understanding. He seemed like a very wise man, I will miss him and hope that death did not pain him. All humans pass to the other side. Not much can be given to honor them other than a word spoken or a tear shed. But even that they will not receive, so shorten your eulogies and cease your weeping; it is all for naught in the end, though the passing of one so wise is a terrible thing.

Just out of curiousity, does anyone know what he was ill with? It was never clarified to me.
Aunt Clair
Kinjo could you please pass on to Bym's family how much he was loved at SMF? He was kind and good humoured and encouraging. I am sorry for SMF's loss. Bright spirits tend not to rest in peace. They continue to teach. Perhaps we shall hear from Bym again. angel.gif

NetherSpirit
QUOTE(Aunt Clair @ Jun 19 2010, 05:53 PM) *

Bright spirits tend not to rest in peace. They continue to teach. Perhaps we shall hear from Bym again. angel.gif

Let's hope. smile.gif

I only recently became particularly active on the forum and unfortunately did not have much communication with Bym, but I found his posts were always filled with a wisdom and respect for others that seems to be rare to come by these days.

As Lee said, it was always a pleasure reading what Bym had to say!
Kath
sad.gif I'm gonna miss that guy.
VitalWinds
What horribly depressing news. I had always gotten the impression he would live well into his hundreds..... despite his medical issues. He just seemed like one of those wise old men who would live long beyond the average human lifespan.

He will be missed, as well as remembered. (I suggest a memorial page here on the forums, maybe with some of his words of wisdom and posts.)
ron stafford
Nobody is indispensable but some people are very hard to replace.I will miss his sage posts.
coppa0
How sad. 06.gif

And I thought he was 102. connie_mini_oldman.gif
German
I don't recall if bym and I ever had a conversation, as I tend to lurk more than anything. Still, like many here, I enjoyed reading his thoughts and comments. He seemed to be an intelligent and singularly perceiving person. And although the part of bym that was never born will never die, the part of him we knew is lost and we are all poorer for it.
Xenomancer
and we are all poorer for it.

Nay, the experience of having been with him has been an enriching one! He taught us how to learn. For this, he will have an eternal place in my heart.

A bright spirit he is, but I have a feeling he will not be coming back to teach us anytime soon, or, at least not me. I have this strange feeling that he'll be grading our papers when we finish with our lives. butcher.gif

Extol, the new St. Peter for practicioners of the Metaphysical Arts!! Allan Atwood Jr, I honor you!
Goibniu
I'm sure that many here will miss him. I've known Bym about four years now. Bym had a great width and depth of knowledge in occult matters. He was often able to transfer knowledge from one area to another which showed that he knew some things backwards and forwards. He was a great moderator as well. He had a good understanding of human nature, and knew when to allow things to take their course and when to step in. His personality came through clearly in his writings. I knew his health wasn't good, but was caught offguard by news of his passing. I will miss him.

Did he have any particular beliefs or ritual requirements that may not have been met? Probably he was funeral was Christian and it seems unlikely to me that he was a conventional Christian if at all.
esoterica
they have been met - he had no funeral, only cremation and the ashes are to be put somewhere interesting to a curmudgeon lol
Xenomancer
ashes are to be put somewhere interesting to a curmudgeon lol

Reprocessed into pulp, and manufactured into a book? huh.gif
Kath
QUOTE(Xenomancer @ Jun 22 2010, 09:01 PM) *

Reprocessed into pulp, and manufactured into a book? huh.gif

is that possible? if so that's would be pretty cool. I'd totally want that for my remains.

(this thread direction seems a bit irreverent, but I think bym would approve of a little levity)
grim789
Wow i would like to say that when i was first starting my search alot of my post Bym was there to help and gave great advice to help i will miss his expertise. He was very intellegent and kind im very sad that he is gone he will be sorely missed. His spirit will live on. rip.gif

WE WILL ALL MISS YOU BYM!!!
Whisperling
I get the internet back today and my homepage is already filled with sad news.

Bym will be missed. He was great fun. Always keeping others grounded. I will miss making him feel old connie_mini_oldman.gif
Goibniu
The idea of being recycled as a book seems appropriate. Maybe something exciting with car chases and explosions. I just realized that this puts me another step towards being the old guy of the forum.
Mchawi

Dude... that sucks. Never lost a forum friend before. Saw the thread title and hoped it wasn't what it was....

R.I.P Mr Bym.
ComaOfLoss
That is a sad thing to hear. I always read his posts with respect.
Bb3
I feel entirely safe in this to Bym: "Hither unto the hand of fate as ye shall be greeted as a hero amongst us."

I have nothing but appreciation and thanks for the family that is sadly left behind, farewell to thee.
LadyMorwen
rip.gif
Wolfheart
He'll be greatly missed by everyone 06.gif
R.I.P Bym innocent.gif
Paradox
I was so shocked and saddened to read this post. He will indeed be missed, all of my interactions with Bym were always pleasent ones.
Mishakal
I know you're in a better place. smile.gif Rest in peace.
Petrus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xQD4QojXnk

Bym replied to me numerous times, both publically and privately, with valuable and grounding advice; he was always wise, always humorous, always gracious. This is a great loss, and he will be remembered.

Mata genuit...
Mata receipt.
Shogunronin

I haven't been here for a while and this is really sad news to come back to ! I will miss Bym too, he always gave me sound advice and help and will surely be missed
Frater F.A.M.E.
Wow, the greatest change of them all. Be well where ever you are Bym.

-Journey
☞Tomber☜
well that sucks
Bran
I regret getting here too late to know him better. To all of you who knew him well, I'm sorry for you loss. Travel well, Allan. smile.gif
monkman418
QUOTE(palindroem @ Jun 18 2010, 04:54 PM) *

The infrequency of my visits to SMF lately simply compounds the feeling of loss.
I'm crushed.

I'd like to just echo these words from my heart as well.
valkyrie
oh no!!! i had no idea, i am regretting not signing on more often! i haven't been on since 3 seasons ago, and I had no idea bym was sick. he has helped me so many times, and always a very sweet personality! i am very sorry that his passing was so rough. but may he carry all our blessings with him into the next life, and continue to be celebrated in this one!
Xence
I always appreciated reading his insights.
Peace to his soul...
Slyphhur
I have not been on this site in quite some time and i only just found out that he had died. He was kind and knowledgeable and helped me a great deal. Bym in the short time i knew you, you really helped put me on the right path. You will be sorely missed by both me and Hero. Rest in peace my old guide.
robin_reborn
I had no idea that he had passed. It's so eerie to read through old threads and think that he's gone, but at least his words and impact on the lives of those here will live on forever. . .

I just wish I'd been active on the forum before now, it feels like I've missed a chance to speak to him. I'm sorry for those who knew him well, and I hope you're coping with the loss sad.gif
Ashnook
I just found out about this...I do not know quite how to respond at the moment as he and I had been very close some time ago and only a year and a half ago fell out of contact.
BOMZAY
He helped me too. Thanks, Bym. Rest in piece. You'll be remembered.
scorpion
Wow, I haven't been here for a such a long time and I see this. I don't think we ever spoke but I enjoyed and learned a lot from his postings. R.I. P Bym
BelleNuit
QUOTE(+ Kinjo - @ Jun 18 2010, 10:38 PM) *

With great regret, I would like to notify all members that Bym aka Allan Atwood Jr., one our forum administrator has passed away on 3rd May 2010 at 56 years old.

He is sorely missed and has been a friend of mine ever since he joined SMF in 2005. His dedication and commitment as an administrator to the forum has been exemplary and there is so much gratitude for the time he had given here, despite his months and months of illness, endless bottles of painkillers and being bed ridden, yet he still managed to volunteer his time and thoughts for hours on end to help members and so willingly gave countless contributions to the forum.

Bym, your valor and true kindness will always be honored and will always be remembered.

Rest in peace my friend.

You will always be in our heart.

Orbituary

For all members who had been in contact and had known Bym, you may leave your condolences here by replying to the topic.
*** Thank you to Vagrant Dreamer who confirmed the news, instead of me who does not have the heart and the guts to confirm it myself.

A belated condolences. I just came accross this old post and when he was still here I was a guest reader in those years. For anyone who remembers him please light a candle in memorian starting today and please remember to light a candle on May 3 in remembrance. Some days ago I had a dream about a man standing next to...... As I was writing this post I remembered my dream.The candle is alight it is daytime here. Rest in peace. Condolences.
anen.hereth
Oh, sad news, :-( I talked to him briefly some years ago, he was helping me with Goetia, he seemed like a pretty cool guy, he will be missed , RIP Bym .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.